Show us your library

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
This is my main bookshelf that I just built. View attachment 526 This is my secondary one also full and I built this o n e too. View attachment 527 This is where I have been putting more overflow at. View attachment 528
Ok here is mine. I haven't organised the secondary ones yet because I am going to build another one like my main one for more hardback and big paperbacks soon. I also have an under the bed storage bin with mass market paperbacks I have read like Wheel of Time, Malazan and a few others. And my wife is a big reader as well and some of these books are hers.
That's a great collection, sopranosfan (although the first 2 pics are a bit blurry). Are those Stephen King books yours or your wife's? I'm a big King fan myself, but your collection seems to be bigger than mine.

sopranosfan

Journeyed there and back again
That's a great collection, sopranosfan (although the first 2 pics are a bit blurry). Are those Stephen King books yours or your wife's? I'm a big King fan myself, but your collection seems to be bigger than mine.
They are my wife's but I have read 80% of them. She has actually got every Stephen King book ever mass produced, including a Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon pop-up book, those are just the hardbacks we have. His books were the first books I ever owned, but mine were well used mass market paperbacks that she has since replaced.
My pictures being blurry was the websites 1 mb upload limit fault. I originally took the pictures with my cellphones camera which is much better but it wouldn't upload any so I had to switch to my Kindle Fire's camera and I had to crop around the edges just to get them to upload.

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
DSC_0737.JPG DSC_0738.JPG
Wow.. you people are really into it ^^ maybe the reason my shelf is much smaller is that because I started late.. ^^ like in ummm.. around 2006 ^^ my library contains only 124 books.. well some of them are repeated.. for example Gemmell's Legend ^^ also some books I have them in both big and small copies ^^

Last edited:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
You really, really like David Gemmell, eh?

Where are you from if I may ask?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Sometimes I feel so stupid...
Dont feel bad. More creative types write all kinds of things on their profile. Dont make them true ;)
I had Mars at one point as my location, and the cool thing about this forum is when you click on the avatar or the profile and then click on the given location it takes you to Google maps. So it took me here when I would click it http://www.google.com/mars/
Now that it's Kaer Morhen, it doesnt take me anywhere. Shame on the Google for not including Witcher fortress and stronghold. Shame! :D
You can also write your occupation on your profile and I set that one right of course. 吸血鬼. What else would Alucard or should I say アーカードbe.

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
You really, really like David Gemmell, eh?
Yup ^^ i just luv his writing style.. And i owe it to him for being so fond of English novels.. I used to read arabic novels ^^ not so huge volumes . Umm.. Around 100 pages max.. But i enjoyed them during my teen age ^^ that's why his novels are kept separate from the others.. Well my wife thinks that that i am over doing it this way.. But surely i sleep better knowing that a novel like Legend and a hero as Skilgannon are separated from others ^^

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Oi, although I do have a Kindle, I still prefer paper books. However...I do not like packing paper books to move. I am up to 22 boxes of them and I am only halfway done.

I promise to post lots of photos in this thread in about 2 weeks!

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
Oi, although I do have a Kindle, I still prefer paper books. However...I do not like packing paper books to move. I am up to 22 boxes of them and I am only halfway done.

Yeah me too.. I had to pack and move 3 times in like 7 years... And the books were the first and most difficult one to pack.. And the heaviest as well ^^ but i do enjoy re-arranging them ^^ it helps updating lists and fit series together ^^ now i am more of a settled down with an owned house so it is unlikely that i will be moving again for some time.. ^^ well till i afford to own a bigger house that is ^^

Mohammed Al Mulla

Owns a Ring of Power
This is the jewel that holds most of my SFF-books.

Most of the books are hidden behind the others (I need another book case like this):

But for now I'm using these spaces:
Your books are literally... Everywhere.. O.O. Please please tell.me that you have books in the kitchen's cupboard so i would show it to my wife ^^ kitchen is her sacred sanctuary.. No books are allowed beyond the doors edge >.< it is a total NO BOOK ZONE.. Lucky she did not fix a Book Detection System at the entrance >.<

Last edited:

Sparrow

HA!.. but you've yet to post said photos.:)

Here be my books, and as I said before my house is such that there is no place for a big bank of library style shelves, unfortunately.
Books1.jpg
Books2.jpg Books3.jpg
Books4.jpg

... this one is most special, it's sort of an altar to my favorite of all books... To Kill a Mockingbird.:)
Books5.jpg

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
HA!.. but you've yet to post said photos.:)

Here be my books, and as I said before my house is such that there is no place for a big bank of library style shelves, unfortunately.
View attachment 605
View attachment 606 View attachment 607
View attachment 608

... this one is most special, it's sort of an altar to my favorite of all books... To Kill a Mockingbird.:)
View attachment 609
That looks warm and cozy Sparrow. Nice cupboards.

Regarding to kill a mockingbird: I've never really understood why this book is so highly regarded. I've read it and thought it was a good book, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. Could you explain the appeal to me?

Sparrow

That looks warm and cozy Sparrow. Nice cupboards.

Regarding to kill a mockingbird: I've never really understood why this book is so highly regarded. I've read it and thought it was a good book, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. Could you explain the appeal to me?

Thanks... and concerning the appeal of To Kill a Mockingbird; it's mostly due to the narrative style, essentially a mature woman telling the story through 'Scout', three years of a young girl's life. Some critics say it's the fatal flaw of the book, that no girl so young could possibly have the grasp and worldliness she has... I and others will argue that it's Southern Gothic, and being so means you invite the supernatural into the storytelling. The other thing I find so appealing, is how everything is balanced out; the gothic is offset by the mundane life in a small southern town. Also, how the story explores Evil, how the different characters respond to evil once they've come in contact with it.
Like most classic literature, To Kill a Mockingbird is very much about time and place, and the reader should judge it within that context.

Derk of Derkholm

Mine looks much like Alucard's, but not quite as colourful.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Sotiris

Knows the real name of Lower Corte
Ok my time has come. Here is my library:

Some explanation:

• The first shelf is Greek translated foreign literature. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Name of the Rose, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and even Sun Tzu and Machiavelli have found their home there!
  • The left half of the second shelf consists of my collection of cups from around the world (I buy one cup from each foreign city I visit). In the right half are my DC trade paperbacks and some D&D rulebooks.
  • The third shelf is basically a full collection of Dune and Wheel of Time (along with some Warhammer fantasy and Game of Thrones). Dune and WoT are also in Greek (sadly) because when I started reading them (around 13) I wasn't fluent in English.
  • Enter the 4th shelf and my pride. Malazan series, Gentleman Bastards, Kingkiller Chronicles, First Law, Farseer Trilogy, The Long Price Quartet and the english paperbacks of WoT (unfinished but soon to be completed :D)
  • Special thanks to my kindle that houses the rest of my books :D and to the yoda and parrot plushies that make my library colorful!

Last edited:

Derk of Derkholm