Show us your library

atheling

A Poet of the Khaiem
So we've been meaning to post this for a while, since we moved in and combined our libraries. I like contrasts, so I'll start with the contrast between my fiction collection and my fiancée's. First, mine:
atheling-fiction-1.jpg
atheling-fiction-2.jpg
That's one whole shelf top to bottom. I'm proud of that: fair number of books there, collected over many years.

Now, for comparison, @Sneaky Burrito's fiction collection
sneaky-burrito-fiction-1.jpg
sneaky-burrito-fiction-2.jpg
sneaky-burrito-fiction-3.jpg
sneaky-burrito-fiction-4.jpg
sneaky-burrito-fiction-5.jpg
sneaky-burrito-fiction-6.jpg
I didn't count how many shelves that is. Now, the situation is different for non-fiction (I've combined these into montages because it's getting to be a lot of images). @Sneaky Burrito's non-fiction (except for the cookbooks, which belong to both of us--that shelf is just through the doorway from the kitchen, so it was convenient to put them all there):
sneaky-burrito-nonfiction-all.jpg
And mine:
atheling-nonfiction-all.jpg

Last edited:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
They certainly kept it quiet. Wonder if we'll all be invited to the wedding?
You're telling me you didn't receive the invite? Oof, this is awkward. :nailbiting:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Ah, this is why you were installing Photoshop over the weekend. There are going to be a lot of extra photos on my memory card, aren't there?

(I've known @atheling for about 8 years...)

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Now, for comparison, @Sneaky Burrito's fiction collection
Just noticed you're missing some of my fiction collection. It goes around to the other side of the room, about a bookcase and a half more...

atheling

A Poet of the Khaiem
Just noticed you're missing some of my fiction collection. It goes around to the other side of the room, about a bookcase and a half more...
You're right. I have 9 pictures of your fiction shelves, but only 6 in that post. Not sure what happened there. There's a 10 pic limit here, so I couldn't have done it anyway.

But I'll just repost all of them. So, here is @Sneaky Burrito's complete fiction library:
sneaky-burrito-fiction-1.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-2.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-3.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-4.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-5.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-6.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-7.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-8.jpg sneaky-burrito-fiction-9.jpg

Andrew.J

Journeyed there and back again
I thought it'd be nice to bring back the thread. We have many members old & new whose libraries would be very interesting to see.

I've recently brought back this lovely cabinet. My family has had quite a few woodworkers over the years and this one belonged to my great grandparents. It's from around WW1. There's something about it that I really love. It's currently the highlight of the room if you don't count the piano.

I've never liked having many things, so my book collection is rather humble, mainly from my childhood. I only arranged them in a (hopefully) pleasing manner.

This is an overview of the whole cabinet. It's mostly fantasy with some music stuff at the very bottom shelf.

And this houses my main collection: