What Movie or TV show are you watching?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
It really is fantastic. I'm loving the slow pace.

Anyone else watching His Dark Materials or Watchmen?
I'm watching Watchmen. Am now on episode 5. Enjoying the absolute weirdness.

Bill Door

Killed a Balrog
I just finished The Strain on hulu a few days ago and now have started watching Preacher. I thought the first two seasons of The Strain were pretty good, but didn't care for the 3rd and 4th seasons as much.

ReguIa

Journeyed there and back again
Are you watching The Witcher? Haven't read the books or played the games so can't comment how they compare, but as someone who has no clue what it's about I find it really great. The swordfighting in particular is spectacular.

Jakyro

Are you watching The Witcher? Haven't read the books or played the games so can't comment how they compare, but as someone who has no clue what it's about I find it really great. The swordfighting in particular is spectacular.
I've been watching it, I'm on episode 7 now (8 in total for S1). I'd say it's decent so far and it's getting better as the season continues.

Derk of Derkholm

Two episodes in the Mandalorian is freaking awesome! I feel like that is all I should say at this point. Exciting stuff.
I find the story is severely lacking and waaaaaay too simplistic.

Derk of Derkholm

Oh, BTW, have any of you seen "Joker"?

Highly advisable, IMO the best movie to come out of 2019.

ReguIa

I liked Joker a lot!

DC films have been hit or miss for a long time now (especially with Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice, both of which I personally thought were great however) but I'm so much more aboard their approach to the DC properties than what Marvel is currently doing with theirs. I can't say anything bad really about the MCU but I'm just not interested anymore. They're up to 20+ movies now or something and they never experiment or try something different.

Anyway rant over.. Joker, absolutely fantastic. Probably my 2nd favorite after Knives Out.

ReguIa

I watched it today but it's a 2019 movie so I'll count it with last years list. Parasite! Wow what a phenomenal film.

GreyMouser

I find the story is severely lacking and waaaaaay too simplistic.
While I agree that the story is simple I think it works with Star Wars. Loved the first season and can't wait to see what they are going to do with Obi-wan.

GreyMouser

I finished season 1 last week and found it very entertaining. I love the D&D type of feel to the story.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I finished season 1 last week and found it very entertaining. I love the D&D type of feel to the story.
I also watched this in the first weeks of January. Agreed on the DD / videogame style story. Was pleasantly surprised to see Geralt downing battle and health potions!

I've now started on Vikings (with my wife) and BoJack Horseman (sans wife). I like both series so far.